CRUISES FROM THE U.S. ARE BACK
All Adventures are a Go!
More Ships. More Ports.
Bold is back in a big way — and it's about to get bigger. This fall, the comeback continues with even more ships sailing award-winning adventures from across the U.S. — and your clients can be part of the story with these sailings now open for sale! Get them ready for Oasis Class escapes out of Cape Liberty on the original gamechanger. Southern Caribbean shore exploring from San Juan. Galveston getaways onboard Lone Star fave Liberty of the Seas®. And for the first time in over a decade, the best heads west to level up LA's weekend plans on the Amplified Navigator of the Seas®, starting November 2021. Come Seek the Royal Caribbean®.
Return to Service Resources
Your clients currently confirmed on the below sailings will be automatically moved to the corresponding sailing on the newly redeployed ship. Should your client no longer wish to sail due to this change, refunds can be requested through June 18, 2021.
- Navigator of the Seas® departing July 2 – October 11, 2021 to be moved to like-for-like sailing on Freedom of the Seas® departing Miami
- Explorer of the Seas® departing Sept 27-October 20, 2021 to be moved to like-for-like sailing on Independence of the Seas® departing Galveston
- Liberty of the Seas® departing August 15 – September 19, 2021 to be moved to like-for-like sailing on Independence of the Seas® departing Galveston
- Independence of the Seas® from Miami departing July 3 – October 23, 2021 to be moved to like for like sailing on Odyssey of the Seas® departing Fort Lauderdale
Crown & Anchor Member Society Updates
As we return to service, we know your loyal Crown & Anchor Society Members have questions about onboard changes to our loyalty program. The below will hopefully provide more clarity to your clients:
- Access to Suite & Concierge Lounge- Because of new health and physical distancing protocols, we have temporarily suspended access to these lounges. Our health protocols will continue to change as public health conditions evolve.
- Access to the Diamond Lounge- While we also need to manage new capacity limits in this venue, we're happy to offer additional beverage vouchers to our Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members to use at any bar, including the Diamond Lounge and our private destinations! Whether it's sparkling water, sparkling wine, or the drink of the day, your clients can choose when and where to enjoy these beverages. The capacity limits are temporary.
- Coastal Kitchen- Pinnacle Club members are still able to enjoy meals in Coastal Kitchen. We encourage your clients to make reservations with the Maître d’ onboard. They will also receive a $25 dining certificate per member, per sailing to enjoy at the specialty restaurant of their choice.
U.S. Health and Safety Measures
Your clients can plan their cruise adventure with peace of mind knowing that all crew members will be vaccinated against COVID-19. Guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible. Those who are unvaccinated or unable to show proof of vaccination will receive a test before boarding. Other measures in place for your clients to cruise with Royal Caribbean include:
- Vacationers sailing to Alaska and who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1.
- If departing from an international port, guests must meet the travel requirements of their home country and the country of departure. The most up-to-date policies can be found online on each country’s tourism site.
Royal Caribbean is continuing discussions with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and multiple state, local and port authorities regarding the various additional measures for the upcoming sailings. This process requires each ship to complete simulation cruises before receiving approval to resume sailing once again in the U.S. The applications for simulation cruises are under review and receiving approvals on a rolling basis. The progress made as a result of the ongoing collaboration with and support from the state, local and federal level continues to set the stage for Royal Caribbean to return to sailing this summer as planned.
We will be sure to share updates with you and your clients before setting sail!
Cruises outside of those announced today will be canceled through the end of August. Booked guests and travel partners impacted will be contacted with further details specific to their sailing, including the option to receive a full refund. Royal Caribbean is grateful for the patience and loyalty with its guests to ensure they are able to take part in their planned vacations. For added reassurance, all vacationers who have booked by July 31 are covered by the Cruise with Confidence program.
For Vaccination Requirements Please Visit Our Healthy Cruising Hub
NOTICE: Prior to booking, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed. Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice. *See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions.