CRUISES FROM THE U.S. ARE BACK
The wait is over, get your vacation-ready clients onboard, as we beginning sailing from Texas & Florida this summer!
Your clients can once again mark their calendars and set their sights on a summer full of long-awaited cruise vacations. Building on the excitement of its upcoming return to Alaska, Royal Caribbean International has announced that six of its award-winning ships will begin sailing from major U.S. cruise ports in Florida and Texas in July and August. The cruise line’s comeback will kick off on July 2 in Miami, the cruise capital of the world, with Freedom of the Seas® embarking on a special Fourth of July weekend sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay. By the end of August, 12 Royal Caribbean ships will be cruising once again across The Bahamas, Caribbean, Alaska and Europe.
On the heels of the first cruise in Royal Caribbean’s highly anticipated return to the U.S. will be the debut of the brand-new Odyssey of the Seas® this summer. The game-changing ship will set sail from Fort Lauderdale on new 6- and 8-night Caribbean cruises, to soon be followed by Allure of the Seas®, Symphony of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas® and Mariner of the Seas®. In the coming weeks, the cruise line will announce its plans to reintroduce its full fleet around the globe by year’s end. The 2021 summer cruises are available to book today.
“This is it. Vacationers can finally plan to take their precious time off this summer and truly get away after what has been a challenging time for everyone. I would like to sincerely thank our guests and travel partners for their incredible patience and understanding during this very difficult period. Thanks in large part to the successful rollout of vaccines, the world of adventure is beginning to open up, and we are all excited to start delivering great vacations to our guests, who have increasingly told us they are getting vaccinated. As of today, 90% of all vacationers booking with Royal Caribbean are either vaccinated or planning to get vaccinated in time for their cruise,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “We also thank Governor DeSantis of Florida, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava, Broward County Mayor Steve Geller and Chairman of the Canaveral Port Authority board Wayne Justice and board commissioners for their steadfast support of our industry and for providing access to vaccines to the thousands of crew on our ships off the eastern seaboard. This act of understanding and humanity has been deeply appreciated, and we are grateful for their support, which is enabling the health and safety of our guests, crew members and the communities we visit.”
Royal Caribbean’s newly revealed cruise vacations offer a range of itineraries that vary in length and destination, ease and flexibility in booking, and convenient departure ports across the U.S. Whether departing Florida on two of the world’s largest cruise ships, cruising from Texas to discover the best of the western Caribbean or venturing out to cooler temps to explore the wilds of Alaska, there is something for everyone.
Return to Service Resources
FREEDOM OF THE SEAS® JULY 2021
We look forward to welcoming your clients onboard Freedom of the Seas sailing from Miami, Florida this July. Ahead of their long-awaited and well-deserved vacation, we want to share important health and safety requirements with you, including those pertaining to our unvaccinated guests. Please review the detailed FAQs below to assist your clients in preparing for their cruise. Rest assured, we will be cruising with the majority of guests and all of our crew fully vaccinated. Currently, this information only pertains to Freedom of the Seas sailings out of Miami in July 2021.
Vaccination Requirement for Cruises Departing Galveston, Texas
Guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve.
Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a SARS-Cov-2 test before boarding. If a guest younger than the age requirement happens to be fully vaccinated, they should bring their original vaccination record card to board and should follow all vaccinated guest protocols while boarding and throughout their vacation.
All crew onboard Independence of the Seas® will be fully vaccinated.
Your clients currently confirmed on the below sailings will be automatically moved to the corresponding sailing on the newly redeployed ship. Should your client no longer wish to sail due to this change, refunds can be requested through June 18, 2021.
- Navigator of the Seas® departing July 2 – October 11, 2021 to be moved to like-for-like sailing on Freedom of the. Seas® departing Miami
- Explorer of the Seas® departing Sept 27-October 20, 2021 to be moved to like-for-like sailing on Independence of the Seas® departing Galveston
- Liberty of the Seas® departing August 15 – September 19, 2021 to be moved to like-for-like sailing on Independence of the Seas® departing Galveston
- Independence of the Seas® from Miami departing July 3 – October 23, 2021 to be moved to like for like sailing on Odyssey of the Seas® departing Fort Lauderdale
Crown & Anchor Member Society Updates
As we return to service, we know your loyal Crown & Anchor Society Members have questions about onboard changes to our loyalty program. The below will hopefully provide more clarity to your clients:
- Access to Suite & Concierge Lounge- Because of new health and physical distancing protocols, we have temporarily suspended access to these lounges. Our health protocols will continue to change as public health conditions evolve.
- Access to the Diamond Lounge- While we also need to manage new capacity limits in this venue, we're happy to offer additional beverage vouchers to our Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members to use at any bar, including the Diamond Lounge and our private destinations! Whether it's sparkling water, sparkling wine, or the drink of the day, your clients can choose when and where to enjoy these beverages. The capacity limits are temporary.
- Coastal Kitchen- Pinnacle Club members are still able to enjoy meals in Coastal Kitchen. We encourage your clients to make reservations with the Maître d’ onboard. They will also receive a $25 dining certificate per member, per sailing to enjoy at the specialty restaurant of their choice.
U.S. Health and Safety Measures
Your clients can plan their cruise adventure with peace of mind knowing that all crew members will be vaccinated against COVID-19. Guests are strongly recommended to set sail fully vaccinated, if they are eligible. Those who are unvaccinated or unable to show proof of vaccination will receive a test before boarding. Other measures in place for your clients to cruise with Royal Caribbean include:
- Vacationers sailing to Alaska and who are 16 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1.
- If departing from an international port, guests must meet the travel requirements of their home country and the country of departure. The most up-to-date policies can be found online on each country’s tourism site.
Royal Caribbean is continuing discussions with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and multiple state, local and port authorities regarding the various additional measures for the upcoming sailings. This process requires each ship to complete simulation cruises before receiving approval to resume sailing once again in the U.S. The applications for simulation cruises are under review and receiving approvals on a rolling basis. The progress made as a result of the ongoing collaboration with and support from the state, local and federal level continues to set the stage for Royal Caribbean to return to sailing this summer as planned.
We will be sure to share updates with you and your clients before setting sail!
Cruises outside of those announced today will be canceled through the end of August. Booked guests and travel partners impacted will be contacted with further details specific to their sailing, including the option to receive a full refund. Royal Caribbean is grateful for the patience and loyalty with its guests to ensure they are able to take part in their planned vacations. For added reassurance, all vacationers who have booked by July 31 are covered by the Cruise with Confidence program.
NOTICE: Prior to booking, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed. Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice. *See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions.